Boy, you guys are lucky I can't figure anything else to rhyme with "five golden rings". Instead, I will give you my top 5 things to look for with branding.
It's that time of year again. The most dedicated marketers are still working 100 hour weeks while the rest of us (of the non-loser kin) are faced with four weeks of bullshit shopping, crowded malls, in-laws fighting (you might have heard this euphemism used before: "family get-togethers"), parties with colleagues, embarrassing moments with colleagues, and epic hangovers (I know what's in that "kicked-up" egg-nog, Nick...and I like your style).
Then, of course, there's the first-class treatment at the spa, being put up in a top hotel, and attending the eBoost annual holiday bash and having to put up with annoying lingerie models who just won't leave you alone and keep going on and on about how sexy you make "PPC" sound, while you and the other team members take turns poking Josh Simmons (who sports festive rosy cheeks, all year long) with a pointy stick Micha found in the parking lot.
Or was that part just us?
My Brand is Dying, and the only cure is DR. MED.
Patient: Doctor, my Brandon has been sick recently. What's wrong with him?
DR. MED: I'm sorry Ma'am he might be suffering from Branditis. In layman's terms, he sucks. Does he have these symptoms?
1. Distinctive- is Brandon distinctive enough to stand out from the crowd of imitators?
2. Relevant- if Brandon is distinctive enough, do some attributes let others know what group he hangs out with?
3. Memorable- when Brandon leaves the room, do others remember how he looks or what he stands for?
4. Extendable- can Brandon fit in all mediums? TV, online, print, etc?
5. Depth- is Brandon relatable to the people he wants to talk to?
If you answered yes to all these questions, then Brandon is going to be just fine, Ma'am. If you answered no to any one of these questions, then I might have some bad news...
- Overpaid Monkey
~ posted @ Boost Central, San Diego, CA